Historical Marker: Dial United Presbyterian Church
Dial United Presbyterian Church
Successor to Bethel Society, founded with 26 charter members in 1846 as first Presbyterian church in Bethel (present Dial) community. Early services were held in a one-room log school shared by all denominations.
The first Sunday School was organized on January 27, 1874.
The first church building was dedicated in 1900 on land given by James Dial, prominent citizen.
In 1958 "United" was added to name after two branches of the Presbyterian church throughout America were united. The present church was built in 1925, using materials from first structure.
Recorded Texas Historical Landmark - 1969